8 Side Hustles Websites that pay you $100 an Hour

by Kevin Conwell on January 02, 2022


This is a dope why to make an extra $100/hour on the side.

Here are a few ways to do that and some websites to go to if you're ready to get started:

Focus Group Sites


At Respondent, you can earn $20-$400/hour ($120/hour avg.) participating in focus groups.

These gigs are mostly remote and, luckily, not city specific.They also have a referral program that pays $50 per referral if the person you referred participates in a study.


One place where you can find these gigs is at WatchLAB.

Here you can make $60-$150/hour (avg. $100/hour).

Usually these studies are city-specific, but many can still be done at home.

Updates for these gigs can be found on their Facebook page here.


Another focus group organization is Focuscope.

Here, you can earn $75-$250/hour ($100 avg. payout).

These focus groups are also usually city-specific, but most studies are remote.

Voice Overs


If you want to get paid very well to read a script, book, or just about anything else, you might look into voiceover sites.

Voices is arguably the biggest voiceover job site in the market.Here, you can earn $100 to $250 for around 30 seconds or less than a page of script.

National commercials for big brands pay the most, which is often between $5,000 and $25,000 per gig.

Audiobooks pay $200-$300/finished hour. Therefore, you can make up to $3,000 or so, depending on the length of the audiobook.Or, you could even start out doing explainer videos, which are considered the easiest voiceover jobs because they are short, usually between 30 and 60 seconds, and they use simple language to explain a new idea or to introduce a new product.

No matter what kind of voiceovers you do, you can usually get very well compensated at a site like Voices.


With ACX, you can also make $100 or more per hour as an audiobook narrator.

To do this, you'll first have to set up your home studio with the required gear:

  • A comfy chair that won’t creak
  • A script stand
  • A microphone (preferably a large-diaphragm condenser)
  • Mic stand or desk mount
  • Mic Shock mount
  • A Pop filter
  • XLR Cable to connect microphone to an audio interface
  • Audio interface (such as an MBox)
  • A reasonably fast and quiet computer
  • External Hard Drive (solid-state drive preferable as they are typically quiet and fast)
  • Recording/Editing Software (such as Audacity, Twisted Wave, Wavelab, or Pro Tools)
  • Material to deaden sound
  • Lighting that is easy on the eyes (Avoid fluorescents or anything with a dimmer)

They also mention that you'll want a few key elements for the studio:

  • Isolation from outside noise
  • No noises from within the home
  • A low noise floor
  • A dead room

Then, you can follow this step-by-step process for getting started as a narrator for audiobooks.



Studypool, formerly known as Createpool, lets you make money by sharing your expertise in a certain school subject.

You can earn as much as $7500/month on the side just tutoring people, checking homework, and answering questions on the site.Studypool will take 20% of your earnings as their commission and leave you the other 80% to keep.

Also, keep in mind that most questions at Studypool are pretty much all academic-related.

Plus, no experience is needed to apply, hours are flexible, and you get paid conveniently via PayPal.

More info on Studypool here.

Guest Tutorials/Blog Posts

Code Tuts+

At Code Tuts+, you can get paid $100-$250 per in-depth web development tutorials you have guest published.

They are looking for people who can write about both front-end and back-end web development.They accept articles about PHP, Ruby, server-side JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3, document-based database systems, and other web development-related topics.

A “quick tip” (a shorter tutorial), pays $100.

If you contribute an in-depth tutorial, however, you’ll be paid $250.

Great Escape Publishing

At Great Escape Publishing, you can earn $150 per article.

They specialize in showing people how to get paid to travel; this could be through writing, through photography, through tours, or through other means.They are also interested in case studies from people who have experience that can help their readers get paid to travel.

Specifically, they are looking for interviews, personal stories, and articles “with specific income advice readers can print and follow to earn more income.” 

Also, they expect articles to be between 300 – 600 words.